Friday, 3 March 2017

Let your emotions out with painting

I had one of those days ...

You know when you just feel like walking out and going do something spontaneous that will make you smile and laugh. Really every day should be like this anyway, but I just had a mood that I had to shake.

I got home from work, bought 4 tubs of paint - blue, red, white and yellow (came in a pack) and 3 x A3 painting notebooks.

I also pulled out an old sheet.

I painted. I painted with my children.

I just had to get my hands in the paint. I wanted to release my emotions through the art work.

I started by squeezing the paint out from the bottle onto the sheet, well we all did. Then I stood on it, danced on it, rubbed my hands all over it and guess what, it felt pretty damn good, not to mention it started to look amazing.


Once I felt like we had covered it and made it look amazing, we moved to our notepads. We all shared the paint tubs. Squeezing the paint out, using our hands or feet or paint brush and just went nuts with the painting.

A first I thought, perhaps we shouldn't use so much paint and then I thought it was $30. If it lasts an hour of entertainment then that's cheaper than going to the movies. So my next thought was, use it all.

We did. 3x Notepads, one sheet and four tubs of paint. We used everything and it felt fantastic.

My sons were creating colours and techniques that I had to try and we were pulling off the sheets of paper in quick succession.

My emotions were being ignited and then let loose.

Here are some piccies of our new art gallery:









I am selling my paintings on my online store:
https://store7784056.ecwid.com/#

But seriously, it was fun. Not only that but the children loved it and the sheet was a huge family effort, which felt great. Fun for all and a great way to let any bad tension out. Also, our home no longer feels dull from the bare walls. It's now covered in love.

Looking to get creative, join my online 'Get Creative' course: https://store7784056.ecwid.com/#!/Get-Creative-Online-Course/p/64451120/category=18537002

No comments:

Post a Comment